Heirloom is seeking a virtual Video Editor for an exciting consumer technology startup. The Video Editor is responsible for producing high-quality video content for marketing and customer support. The Video Editor reports to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and works closely with the entire marketing team. The Video Editor is excited about Heirloom’s mission, artistically inspired, and motivated to develop compelling content. If you have proven experience with video editing, we’d like to meet you.
- Use your own laptop/desktop and internet connection as your work center
- Follow Heirloom’s brand and style guide
- Use a script, but also make artistic recommendations
- Coordinate with team to acquire rough content
- Assemble raw video footage, voice-over, and screen captures
- Input graphics to enhance footage
- Improve and correct lighting, coloring, and faulty footage
- Splice elements into one rough cut file
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends
- Make recommendations regarding marketing strategy
- Engage with the leadership team as required
- Proven 2+ years experience in Video Editing
- Proven experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proven experience with Final Cut Pro
- Strong notions of industry best practices
- Familiarity in using video and editing equipment
- Proficient in Google Workplace
- Flexibility to work on a rapidly evolving schedule
- High school diploma; BS/BA in a related field preferred
Job Type: Remote. Contract, part-time, full-time, and equity positions considered.
Pay: Negotiable, but starting at $25.00 per hour equivalent.